Sunday 5 December 2010

Thumbnails sketches 9 - 16

9

10

11

12

13

14

15

16

I have produced another eight thumbnails and I tried not to give the whole story away in these ideas by giving the viewer alternative opitions for the way the room has been left, what has been covered and kept secret. I also used some of the compositions to demonstrate events that hasn't quite happened, for example image 12 has lights that are slowly forcing away from the ceiling and would eventually fall and smash the bed below. I feel my most successful composition's are the asylum patient's cells as there is less personal items because of their state of mind they can not be trusted. Also the space is small claustrophobic which allows more emotion to be expressed because they are stuck in the same space driving their thoughts further into madness and will do anything to escape it.

2 comments:

  1. That's more like it Adam. Again, seriously leave the interpretation open to anything. By having words in your scenes, you do two things 1. draw the viewers eyes to the most 'readable' aspect of the piece which leads to 2. thus eliminating any (or many) questions you want us to be asking about your scene.

    A big step in the right direction by the looks of things though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok thanks I will consider this as I develop on :)

    ReplyDelete