Monday 14 March 2011

Research for story and character



Following on from Phil's advice I found these images of Grommit that shows how his eyebrows were used to convey an emotional response into the situation he was in. I can see how this would work for the cap of the toadstool as I could tilt it in different directions to give across the reaction and characteristics. I will use this idea in my character development and look more into how the body language can be manipulated in the animation.





Phil also suggested considering the story in the style of Elmer Fudd and Buggs Bunny, making the toadstool 'Elmer'. What I remember most about these cartoons is that Buggs would dress in a range of disguises to fool Elmer and escape. As I have a geriatric toadstool, he could fall for the tricks until he realises too late. The fairy being magic has the possiblity of different ways of evading and hiding from the toadstool.

3 comments:

  1. "Following on from Phil's advice I found these images of Grommit that shows how his eyebrows were used to convey an emotional response into the situation he was in."

    This is exactly how I am going to approach the character DNA for my telescopes.

    Good development bud. :) b

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eybrows themselves are just what you need to bring a character to life! That's what my character is going to have too.. A pair of eyebrows as the only tool to show expression. No facial features :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys I will hopefully test this idea in character sketches I just hope I can finalise a story soon :)

    ReplyDelete