Wednesday 9 March 2011

Toadstool - Early character designs






I began sketching intial sketches for how the toadstool could become an animated character, looking at structures. Particular how they wither and eaten away over time, I also looked how the structure could be manipulated to form arms and legs. The most successful designs are the structures that bend round to indicate that the structure has no strength left to support the form. A few elements in some of the drawings are starting to work such as the frilly section that circles the stalk can be formed as a mostache or beard. The stalk splitting and bending show how age has affected the toadstool, also the chunks missing from the top section and lumps on the stalk. These are only rough drawings to start thinking about my object as a character but I will look at the successes as I develop further.

No comments:

Post a Comment