Thursday 22 September 2011

Image References for Fantasy Mutant characters 1 - Comic book

















I have found a selection of images of comic book characters as mutations are a big theme used through out and later turned into cartoon shows in the 60's - 80's period. Also they approach some of the ideas that I discussed in my previous ideas about physical appearance and anatomical change, also how the costume has changed to suit the new shape. I included the X-men in the bottom image as they are in a sense another type of fantasy mutants, exaggerating the human form and what attracts an audience might help for when I am designing the hero.  Animal based hybrids/ mutations are popular in comics because this is a successful way of immediately identifying that the character is no longer human and a transformation that could only happen in fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment