Saturday 2 October 2010

Life Drawing week 2





 This is my second week of life drawing classes and I had to sketch the full figure in this seated position in thirty minutes. I had to try and focuss on the tone but I wanted to get the figure drawn first my proportions are slightly off but the little tone used shows the 3 - D human form.












These are five minute sketches of the model in four different positions, I prefer these sketches as the form and proportions look better however I still find the arms and ankles hard to potray as separate elements. I feel that little use of tone works better as it doesn't take focuss away from the figure.





In this final sketch I had to replace the usual smooth, flowing lines with straight lines and geometric shapes such as squares and triangles. I really had to resist capturing the shapes I saw on the model but I feel this is a good attempt and a different approach of showing the anatomy of the human body.

No comments:

Post a Comment