Wednesday 17 November 2010

Thumbnail drawings 5


















In these thumbnails I focused on colour using colouring pencils and pens I applied what colours would be reflected within the space to make the concept appear as a magical land below the earth. The colouring pencils helped me to layer up colour over lay soft shadows and reflections. The pens helped me to be much quicker and loose creating bold compositions. In my next thumbnails I will experiment with charcoal as the media can create a strong contrast between light and dark so this will define how the spaces will reflect light and what is visible within the environment.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam - these are your strongest thumbnails yet - I especially like (from the top) image 7 - it feels much more confident and filmic - and I like the fact that you've obviously taken the time to present these in a standard format - excellent! :-)

    ReplyDelete