The Beast of Bodmin (or BOB for short) is a black panther-like creature that is believed to inhabit Bodmin Moor. There have been about 60 sightings recorded in the area since 1983 and experts believe there is a population of big cats in and around Bodmin Moor which became a nerve centre of these sightings and reports of inexplicably slain livestock.
· A young girl/ boy wonders in the moors and discovers the beast but it is not as terrible as legend describes and they develop a bond meaning they protect and look after each other
· The big cat can have influence from panther/ mountain lion but also nature and made to look more mythical
· Cat could have a rider who is primitive and they live away from society
· The cat could be an illusion or controlled by an evil magician
· There could be a pack or tribe of them
· Could be magical , able to transform into different creatures