Sunday 12 December 2010

Thumbnail sketches 17 - 28

17

18

19

20

21

22

23

24

25

26

27

28
In these thumbnails I selected a definitive scene of the asylum corridor, looking at different perspectives, views and what objects could appear in the composition. I think the grandfather clock and tortue devices create a sense of character and make it appear darker. I feel image twenty eight is strong with the chair and the straps creating a strong focal point and the mirror behind with glass shards missing Where Have They Gone? Image seventeen has less objects dominating the space and feels very empty and abandoned. I also like the use of the mirror in image 19 to make the room feel narrower. I feel many of these ideas have individual strengths and weaknesses and I will develop on the things that are working within the idea of the scene and look into more research of the inside of an asylum for referencing possiblities in the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment