Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Virus Texture Development

I wanted to create the icky leaf texture as I visualised in the concept art and found a range of images that could be used to create the texture map.

I played around with some of the stronger textures to map onto the model and the results of the experiments are below.

From these experiements I put the textures onto the model I made in Maya to try to figure out what would work and what I needed to develop.

For now I am torn between the bottom two as I like the colours and have the vines of the leaf are more subtle. I really like the fourth test as it came out as pale and sickly in appearance which was my original intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment